September..it's September!?

I didn't realize it was September today. I'm very much done with summer 2009. I love this arrangement. I made it a few years ago for Canadian Gardening.


Every night, around 7pm, the llamas next door make this very odd noise. Like they are laughing at a really bad joke told by the horse.
I have a theory about this nightly noise. I think they are having happy hour every night with the horses from the next farm over. The horses are 'socially inept' and tell bad stories. The llamas can't get out of it, they're neighbors.

This summer, I had the nicest experience of my career. I was chosen to be interviewed by Roadtrip Nation. Each year Roadtrip Nation picks 9 students graduating from College or University who still don't know what to do with their lives. They each get to pick a person of interest to them anywhere in North America. I was chosen.

They all travel together in a giant green RV that they drive themselves - there is a life experience! This time, they also came with a tv crew filming a documentary for PBS.

At first I was hesitant. I'm terrified of being on camera. I forget to swallow my spit and ramble like a high teenager confronted by the school principal.

But I tell you, I adored these people. I could have kept them here for the whole day chatting about life and art and being brave. I don't know what it was that made me so fond of them. It's hard to explain. I don't know that I was at all inspiring, but I do know that they inspired me!

The picture above is the Roadtrip gang in California. They interviewed the Yo Gabba Gabba creator before coming up my way. Love that show - but I have at 22 month old.

check out http://www.roadtripnation.com//

This is the thank you card they sent me. The chicken is the magnet holding the card on the fridge.