Have You Ever...


Eaten an entire bowl of jello.
I did today.
The whole house is sick.  The dog, the duck, the wee girl and the husband. 
I had a quiet moment for the first time in a week, and since no one else was eating it..


Once everyone woke up, I told a lie.  I just had to get out.
I said I had to give the ducks some water and I ran outside (with the camera and my cold tea)
My garlic is looking very happy!


Could I make a tiny tart from these wee rhubarb stalks?
Get real. The last thing I want to do right now is make pastry.


Boy, last time I looked at these chives, they were just starting to pop up.


On the Mabel front...I thought she was doing better, but I was a fool with a dream.
So, back to the vet tomorrow. 
She is better than a month ago, but her ankle is still very bad.
Please dear lord..don't make me assist in vet surgery again tomorrow.
I learnt the difference between a city vet and country farm vet last week. 
In the country, you are the vets assistant during surgery.
Didn't I use to travel to Paris shooting stories for magazines?
How did I get to this!

How did I get here?  I'll be honest, I came here, and I love it.
Am I a farmer..yes. 
Am I the posh stylist talking design..not so much.
And, one glimmer of extreme excitement in my life...
...you'll have to wait till next week.
But this shot is your hint!

12 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh dear me...Mabel get well soon.

You must have needed the jello more than the patients did...and here's hoping that they have a speedy recovery...your garden is showing such promise.

Take care,
Hostess

Lesley said...

Visiting your blog for the first time and it's lovely! I think you have to come and style my country home! Shame it's a bit too far...!

Barbara said...

Sorry you've all been sick, and yes! I have eaten a bowl of jello. Sometimes it's the only thing tummies will accept!

Love that your garden is starting to grow. I'm going to have a nice rhubarb muffin recipe coming up next week....save that rhubarb!

mise said...

That's the thing with mothers; sometimes we have to eat a whole bowl of jelly and get out, part of the continual dramatic tension between the Fabulous and the Real. I hope the extreme excitement is extreme.

Allison at Novice Life said...

great photos!

Natasha said...

It's so springy over there! This gives me hope that the snow will melt away here and my herbs and flowers will start blooming and showing their pretty faces soon. Poor Mabel! My thoughts are with her and that she will beat this thing! Looking forward to seeing the final product on what you are building... hmmm a new little home for your duckies?
Happy weekend!
Natasha

Lee said...

Beautiful, your garden and plants are coming up. How wonderful!
Why not eat the Jello? Jello has like no calories. Good for you.
Lee

Razmataz said...

I haven;t eaten Jello in years. I must make some.

Hope Mabel is ok today, and of course the rest of the family.

I can;t wait until my rhubarb peeks through.

Kristine~Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Dear Mabel, I hope you feel better soon!

And yes, I have eaten an entire bowl of jello with whipped cream on top as well! It's a mother's right I tell you.

Hope that all are better soon.

And it looks like you might be getting some chicks??

Cynthia and the farm house said...

Yes, I will stand next to and say, I have eaten an entire bowl of jello!! It was after a very bad bought of morning sickness with my second child.

You are not alone!

Cheers,
Cynthia

simpledaisy said...

I couldn't tell you the last time I ate Jello! Maybe I should give it a whirl again:)
Love your garden progress photos!

henzy said...

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon and my prayers for Mabel. If someone told you a decade ago that you would be here doing this you would have thought not in a million years. Life has a funny way of taking you to the unexpected and we still couldnt be happier..