The Calm before the Storm...


We had a three day family holiday in the Okanagan.
A friend was getting married at a resort in Summerland.


For those of you who don't know, the Okanagan is in the interior of British Columbia.  
Famous for their fruit orchards..  


..wineries..


...wine tastings...


..spectacular mountains..


..and beautiful lakes.


Other good things..
There are lavender farms.


which were in perfect bloom.


Rustic old barns...


..and the countryside is covered in flowers.
I never liked babies breath till now.


All the fruit stands have water pumps so you can wash your fruit before eating.
When it's really hot, they have misty sprays running from the awnings to cool you down.
And it does get hot there!


The ever popular cherry earring where not a hit here today...


..but the next stand, and one of my favourites in Keremeos..


..had the fix we needed.
It was nice to have an escape before the farm opens.

16 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely gorgeous area. What a wonderful time it must have been. The wine would be just the treat for me. :) have a great day. Tammy

Annton Beate Schmidt said...

This seems to be a nincredible area. Impressively beautiful!

Inspire Me Heather said...

Looks like a great trip!

Razmataz said...

It looks so lovely. My niece is there now picking cherries. She does that every year between Uni breaks.

Your daughter is such a cutie pie.

Allison at Novice Life said...

GORGEOUS!

Robin Larkspur said...

Oh, that face tells a story! No earrings.Yes ice cream! Sweet post!

Deborah said...

ADORABLE!!!!
I have a dear friend who lives there and she LOVES it!!!
It looks beautiful!!
Your daughter is so cute and I love her earrings! Does she? Lol
Oh it looks like shes thrilled with the ice cream though!
Lavender fiels..heavenly!!!!
Have a great week!!

Deborah xoxo

Edins House said...

Ahhhh! I think I need my Okanagan fix pretty soon! Good thing my Fella and I have some time off work in a few weeks... we're definitely going to take off to Kelowna for a few days. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!
Victoria

Angela said...

Glad you got away. You needed it! Lovely pictures you took. I'm still waiting for summer here though.

Alicia said...

Gorgeous area. After the strawberry chaos, you greatly deserved the respite. Have a gloriously fruitful week ;).

Vintage Home said...

Hey we where in Victoria for a wedding!..Great place Summerland we usually are there this week but have other plans!
Hope too see you soon!

HouseZenGarden.com said...

After viewing your photos, I have an intense desire for cherries! However,though I'm nowhere near this beautiful countryside featured in your photos, I can live vicariously through those beautiful images. Thank you for sharing them, it made my day.
(M. A. Smith bestdesigncoach.com)

thisbloominglife said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so lovely to travel vicariously with you in our gloomy winter here in Oz. I've just found you and am thoroughly enjoying your work. Thanks!

AnnaVallance said...

All the reasons you listed, that is why we love visiting the Okanagan. I even took pictures of that old barn in Summerland and we always stop in Keremeos for fruit and the Junk shop.

Rosa @ flutterflutter said...

I guess now is the time to stock up on peaches if I plan on doing some canning?!

Iniyaal said...

This place is beautiful... I love old barns.. they are always my preferred subjects for pencil sketches :)