Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snow Day...


Well, snow day may be an exaggeration.  
We had a skiff of white fall in the yard.
Out came the snow pants, the snow boots, gloves, hat and, of course... 
...utter utter joy.
But, what happens when a four year old realizes she can't make a snowman from what is more like a heavy frost...


After what can only be described as 'toddler cuss',
 stops spewing from their lips,
you make cookies!
Fast.


...with lots of sprinkles.


Serious sprinkles.


...and the snow (or lack of) is forgotten.

9 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

I'm sure there will be many days to come in which she will have a ball in the snow. Meanwhile, a great solution for distracting her!
:)
Have a wonderful new week!
Maureen

Beth said...

you can never have to many sprinkles. so sweet. (:

Anne Marie said...

lovely! what a doll she is....your garden looks beautiful even after a frost...which equals good planning :)

mummaducka said...

Thats a beautiful distraction! I was thinking as I read- Gingerbread men.

Tom Stephenson said...

That's early!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

I think sugar cookies are my favorite. The sprinkles finish them off nicely! I have to tell you that I finally bought some of your blueberry lavendar jam from Butter..... I've had two pieces of toast, a bagel and a spoonful of it just today.... god help me tomorrow. I think I have a problem. Y-U-M!

Liz@Violet Posy said...

Here in the UK that would be a day off work :) It looks like you had a lovely day together.

julieann said...

We too had our first "tiny snow" the chickens were not sure they wanted to leave the comforts of the coop. still getting 9 eggs a day and baking up a storm..

kaye i. said...

Oooh, that snow was a tease. It didn't stop me from pulling out my Christmas tree and decorating my house though. I promised to decorate early this year... ended with a cinnamon hot cocoa :)

I hope your lovely farm's okay after the ghastly wind last night. It definitely scared the heck out of me.