It's Bean...


I'm done the book.
WOW 
That was a lot of work.


I'm beside myself with joy.
Super exciting and so very nervous.
I'm also beside a lot of figs.


So, because I haven't been able to share any recipes with you for what seems like forever..


Here is an easy one for a quick fig jam.
1 pound of figs
1/3 cup of port
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
options: the zest of half an orange


Quarter your fresh figs, put everything in a pot.  
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and boil gently for ten minutes.
Stirring often.
Serve on some delicious brie and crackers like I did.
So good.
Keep in fridge for 2 weeks.


What else did I find in the garden..


..edamame beans are ready.
Yum


..and what I first believed were sickly neglected pole beans...


..were not pole beans at all.


It's bean.
But not pole bean.
They are black beans for storing away.

11 comments:

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Congratulations Heather on completing the book. If it's anything like your blog I'm sure that it is BEAUTIFUL. Growing up we had many fruit trees and one was a fig tree and my grandmother loved them. I think I will try this recipe. WoW...everything is gorgeous.

Julia said...

Congratulations on your book!! That fig recipe looks divine...thank you for the recipe:).

~Julia

donna baker said...

How great to still be getting gifts from the garden. Mine burned up in July. My fig tree, had but one leaf left on it, but after rains, now is covered, though I didn't get any figs this year. Maybe next year will be better.

Susan said...

Can't wait to see the book! I'm sure it will be beautiful... like your blog :)

Low Tide High Style said...

Congratulations on finishing the book! And fig jam with brie sounds delicious! Now if I could only find some ripe figs!

Kat

country girl said...

Congratulations!!

Mrs. Sutton said...

Oh you make it ALL look SO fabulous - especially the fig jam! Congratulations on finishing the book - that's an incredible accomplishment - well done! I can't wait to get it when it comes out.
Best wishes,
Paula xxx

Lee said...

Your blog is art work. Truly Beautiful!
THanks for the recipe.
Lee

Pinecone Camp said...

Ok. Now is it time for that champagne? Really. I think it is ;)

julieann said...

So happy for you. Dont be a bit nervous your every day efforts are so sweet how could this book be anything less than that.
Congrats to you. Cant wait to get a copy. ~Julie~

hardydanielle said...

Yay congratulations! I go through obsessions, but at the moment it is fig :) Thanks for sharing- this recipe will go perfectly with some nice cheese and grilled bread!