Friday, October 12, 2012

A Little Bird Told Me...


Today is a very off day for me.
I've been up since 4am.
Fretting.


I've kept busy with apples, grapes and plums.
But I can't ignore the knot in my stomach.
My publisher is sending me the book layout on Monday.
I WROTE A BOOK??  
Am I insane.


Who am I?!


What do I know.
How in the world did I end up taking the photos.
Oh Lord.
I realized I hadn't eaten all day.


So I grabbed a bowl of left over Chicken Kale soup and sat down to watch the birds and squirrels going crazy out my window.
Then it happened...


Asked the bird...
Yes, it is good soup.
I used turkey this week instead of chicken because we just had Thanksgiving.
The recipe is in the book under the fall section.
It has quinoa in it too.

(who is watching who go crazy)

11 comments:

Deb said...

That was fun. I'm sure your book will be great.

Debby said...

Good luck. I can't wait to hear more.

Robin Larkspur said...

My dear Heather, you are a fabulous artistic designer, mother, farmer, jammer(as in fruit), cook, baker, and more and more...
Your artistic eye, sense of humor and fun shows those who follow your blog an enviable world. Each visit to your blog is always a feast for eyes and soul. I am so very excited for your book. This book is going to be fantastic!!!

Terra said...

I am sure your book will be a treat to read and see. Did you know I have written two books? It is a thrill to hold your book in your hands fresh from the publisher.

Lois said...

I can't wait for the book. Your pictures and stories and thoughts feel like a breath of fresh air!

The Blue Farmhouse said...

I have "knots" in my stomach and I don't know why and with your talent and creativity I can't even imagine why you would have knots in your stomach. Can't wait to see it:)

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Congrats! How exciting for you, as I am sure the Book will be amazing.~Cheers Kim

simplethingstolove said...

Congratulations, I think women get knots and fellows just take it for granted it will be fab. I hope you can unravel and deservedly enjoy your moment. You look like you have had some rain there, my vege patch and I are very very jealous.

julieann said...

I personally cant wait to see it.
I cant even emagine doing such a great thing. You are so inspirational. You have a lovely child a wonderful organic farm with cute animals and yummy food. You seem to be living a full life why not share it with all of us on paper...
~xo~
julie

Rosita Vargas said...

Amo las calabazas y los huertos muy lindo su blog seguiré observando,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Pinecone Camp said...

It's going to be the best book! It's been so long in happening....I knew you when! Can't wait to see it all in print.