Distractions...


I was told my cook book is being shipped out this week.
So, I've found many ways to keep myself distracted.
Popsicles.
Lots of popsicles.


Gardening...


Planting a new bed of strawberries, then covering them up to keep them warm.


Turning these ugly lights I bought at a prop house years ago..


Into some fun shots of color for the art studio.


Updating some tables we were given by cutting off the 'royal knobs'.
I've known enough royal knobs in my life.
I don't need them on my furniture.


And making jello from scratch.
By scratch, I mean not the from the pre-mixed box full of..???.
My friend Suki doesn't know how this is done, so 
here is a little 'how to' just for you Suki..
and anyone else who may not know.
You need:
2 cups Fruit juice of your choice - but not pineapple - it won't set
Gelatin - 1 tablespoon or one little pouch from the Knox box
sugar, honey or agave if you like.

Pour half a cup of cold juice in your bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
leave it while you do the rest.  It will thicken up.


Heat up the other 1 1/2 cups of juice in a pan on the stove top.  
It doesn't have to boil, just get very hot.
This is when you can add 1/8 cup of sugar, agave or honey and stir till dissolved.
Pour the hot juice into the cold gelatin mix and stir well - about 2 minutes.
Done.
Into the fridge to set for about 4 hours of overnight.


I used unsweetened watermelon strawberry juice with 1/8 cup sugar.

I'm so excited that next week, I get to share some recipes from the book 
and give away a few copies too.
Have a great weekend.