Making Hazelnut Butter...


Making nut butters is one of the easiest things ever.
I showed almond butter in the cook book.
Today, it's hazelnut.


Spread as many as you like on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 oven for about 7-8 minutes.
I used about 2 cups
I rubbed the hazelnuts after they were toasted in a tea towel to remove a bit of the skin.
They can be bitter.  


Throw them in the food processor and whiz.
This is after about 30 seconds.


After about two minutes, they will start to get creamy.
I had to stop the machine and scrape the sides down twice in the 5 minutes it took to make this.
If you use raw nuts - which you can, it may take about 15 minutes or more, and a lot of scraping down.
The slight toasting of the nuts really speeds this up.


After maybe 5 minutes...
Smooth.
And a lot runnier than almond butter.


But it got the finger lickin' good approval..


And made the perfect after school snack.
I'm putting it in my smoothie tomorrow morning too.