My Broken Heart..

On a beautiful sunny Sunday, while Lily flew her new kite with Grandma, we took our sweet kitty of 18 years to the vet. He went to sleep in my arms for the last time.
He was famous you know. A celebrity among his peers. He's been in more magazines than I could ever keep track of, whether we wanted him or not. He was a crusty old tabby who loved the ladies. But what he loved most for the past two years, was his best friend, the little kite flyer above. They went everywhere together.
She simply 'lubbed' him so, and told him often.

As Lily and I walked the garden today, we did it alone. The swing just felt empty with only two, and his spot under the bush was bare.

Lily and Jakey.

10 comments:

Cathi said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty...

koralee said...

Ahhh...I feel very sad for you all. I know how much saddnesss I would have if I lost a pet. I am sure your sweet kitty is in heaven! xoxoxoxo

Sparrow's Nest said...

I'm SO sorry! I'm actually crying right now. I know how this feels and it's like losing an arm. They are irreplaceable.

Tracey said...

Oh Heather that's so sad! I'm so sorry for your loss, pets really do add so much to our lives. And your darling Lily, poor little thing losing her pal...

T

Pinecone Camp said...

Again, Heather, so sorry about feisty Jake. You know I've shot him many times. Quite often it was just his bottom, and he also enjoyed sitting on my reflector. He added life to many a shot!

kate / tinywarbler said...

i'm so sorry about jake heather. that's really sad, he was such a sweet kitty. and such a ham too, loving the camera.

Robe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jake, Heather. Take care.
R. xo

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry for you and Lily. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. At least you have many memories of him, in your heart and caught on film.

mise said...

Poor Lily, that must be hard for her, when she's too young to understand. It's nice for her to have had such a friendship (and the giddy life of a kite to tide her over).

Colleen said...

.....so sorry Heather to hear about Jake......I know you will miss him so much!......