Stop Everything!

photo by Janis Nicolay
Ok, fellow blogger 'Pretty Far West' left me a note in my last posting regarding the s'mores. She doesn't know what they are. This was shocking to me. I ask you..are s'mores a North American thing?
Here is a quick how to make and how bake a s'more for you folks in Ireland. S'mores, for those of you not in the know, is slang for "I want some more". Now that I have said that it makes me think perhaps it is a North American thing. We are lazy and combine as many words as we can to save making idle chatter. lol. See.
Buy a box of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows (jet if you can find them) and a big big bar of milk chocolate. Find a stick. Stick marshmallow on end of stick. Hold marshmallow over fire. Here is where the choice is yours - you can 1. slowly roast the marshmallow till golden brown. 2. Let the marshmallow catch on fire, when it goes out, it's done.
Remove marshmallow from stick, place on top of a graham cracker. Stick a piece of chocolate on top of marshmallow. Stick another graham cracker on top of chocolate. Voila. You're done.
As I had a rain storm occur during our roast - I simply stacked the trio of treats on top of each other and baked them in the oven for about 6 minutes. Made the chocolate more melty.