Outdoor Movie Nights..

Ahh, the fun we had! This was a produced story I did for Gardening Life Magazine. I set up an outdoor movie night and I have to say, it was fun. This was done in my yard - the blueberry bushes are blazing in the background. I brought in a big fire pit to keep us warm, we rented Hitchcock's 'The Birds' - a classic. Tippi Hedren was pretty smooth through the whole seaside terror. I made caramel apples, pumpkin pie and hot apple cider. YUMM!

Another nifty idea I had - hot water bottles for the guests. We tucked them under our blankets to keep us warm. Happy Halloween everyone! I'm sure we will have posts on our kids costumes or those of our nieces and nephews on Monday.

Photos by Janis Nicolay - my sweet friend who I shot all the best stories with. Sigh, when will the economy turn!!! I miss doing this.

15 comments:

blog said...

Hi Heather, I stumbled upon your lovely blog today after finding Janis's blog. It's great to read about all the stuff you've been up to - I must track down some of that jam and chutney at one of the stores carrying it, sounds amazing! Hope you are doing well, all the best!

Karla

Gigi said...

This looks to me like the perfect way to spend a fall evening, and I love your hot water bottle idea! Clever girl! xoxo

koralee said...

What fun...your apples look amazing. I just made candy apples with my girls..we had so much fun!

Chemin des Muguets said...

Outdoor film nights are the best! We are great fans of these, both for family(reunion on Lake Superior)and at our winery where we had a fun weekly series of "B" films.

Marjorie in Carmel-by-the-Sea

Pinecone Camp said...

We obviously both loved that shoot, as we posted the pic. Jake still talks about how he had to miss out on the movie part. For a now 10 year old, he's pretty bitter!

jan said...

This looked so fun! What fun jobs you guys have! Love the idea of watching any movie outside. Tonight it was so warm it was possible.

Beach Vintage said...

This is really neat, I love the outdoor movie and the hot water bottles Heather.

Cathi said...

What a great idea, sounds awesome!....especially the hot water bottles....I will definitely be using that one..thanks so much! Wonderful photos!

vintage simple said...

Oh, it looks lovely...! And it's so nice to hear the enthusiasm in your voice - you were meant to do this and I'm sure you will continue to do so. Lousy economy or not.

-maria

Courtney said...

That looks like a lovely way to spend an evening! Your yard looks beautiful, and the treats sound delicious.

Flower Design Jane said...

Wow this looks so beautiful, what a spectacular idea

c and d said...

amazing...you two are so talented!

Janean said...

how sweet is THAT? yay for outdoor movie night. it may start a trend!

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

Aren't outdoor movie nights the best!

Birds of a Feather said...

Always wanted to do this - what kind of projector did you use?

lovely blog, btw!
xo H