Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moments of Escape..


There's been a lot of flower picking lately.  It's calming, and boy, I need calming.


  Walks in the woods with our sweet old girl Finn help too.
Life these days seems to be full of ..hmm.  The word, the word to use here... 
  The kind society of blogland, keeps me cussing.  Though, my clever use of cussing is what enabled me to receive a present in the mail today.  Another nice moment amongst chaos.  

  

Did you ever see the movie 'A Christmas Story'.. Fra Gee Lay - must be Italian! 
Good remembering moment


Oh..lookie.. a 3 bedroom home in Bear Flat - bath with shower, garden, a...oh, sorry, the gift came from the U.K, and was wrapped in the real estate paper. 
Good escape moment.


Ta Da.  All the way from Tom Stephenson.  A crusty blogger from the Bath.  He can make you laugh, or make you go hmm.  He can also make you cuss!  And boy, I did. 
Here's the skinny on the glass via Tom: a lovely, little, Champagne glass flute, dating from around 1840, standing almost seven inches high on a foot with a ground pontil-mark, and with delicately cut facets and bands on the lower half of the bowl. It is in perfect condition.


Well, it arrived in perfect condition, and as I was not expecting it to arrive so soon, champagne was not on hand.  So, today Tom, I'm sorry, but it's a vase.  Do not leave a cussy comment, I will block your profanity.
It's happy and it made me smile - a very good moment.
Thank you Tom.


We also got the vegetable garden planted. 
Proud moment.


And today, it was my mom's birthday.  We made her a cake and decorated it.
This, to a tiny girl of two, is the perfect cake.
Her Grandma will also enjoy the new bubble bath that she can generously apply with a giant pineapple sponge!
heartwarming moment.

14 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

Ha Ha! So glad it arrived in one piece! Happy birthday to your mum. It's funny to see my hand-writing on your blog. When have I ever cussed with you, and why do I make you cuss??? (a word of advice - don't use it as a vase, as the water stains the inside of the glass after about 2 days, and you need professional equipment to remove it). Cheers...

mise said...

That was a good giveaway from Tom - no random.org carry-on, and a simple, elegant prize. Just as good with flowers as with champagne.

Missing Goat said...

Blimey! the water has been dumped Tom! Thanks for the tip. This was a good prize!!

Janis Nicolay said...

Tom is a sweetheart, obviously! Lovely package to receive!
Hi H!

Southern Lady said...

I love the glass! I would have used it as a vase too. Carla

DesignTies said...

Too bad about not being able to use the fluted glass as a vase - I thought the flowers looked fab in it!! Of course that could have been because of your wonderful photography, Heather! I scroll up and down your posts, staring at your pics and wishing I had your eye and photographic talent!
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Victoria @ DesignTies

Tom Stephenson said...

I'm going to start a blog/farm called "Missing Ghost". (and yes - I am a sweetheart...)

Alicia said...

I agree Tom, quite sweet!!! I must be two because I also think its a perfect cake. Sylvia Weinstock could take lessons from your adorable little farmer!!!

koralee said...

So fun...don't you just love this blog world and all the wonderful people in it...it is magical and I am glad to be a part of it! xoxoxo

Razmataz said...

I agree about the flute being gorgeous and the photogrpahy!

hatjunkie said...

Your blog post made me laugh. I am always wanting to just let rip a long sentence of expletives, but somehow I know it doesn't really work for the image I try to create, so I save the foul language for those closest to me. You have to check out this blog, though. She has mastered the art of cussing and insulting. She's a genious. it's www.halifaxbroad.blogspot.com. HOpe you enjoy it as much as me.

Missing Goat said...

Thanks for the link Hatjunkie - she's great. I think the key to profanity, is to start it right away - then there are no surprises for readers. If you try adding it in later, well, it just won't work.

Mary Ann said...

visiting your blog is such delight! a country lifestyle conjures serenity and fresh pie! im now your new follower! have fun...verbena cottage

c and d said...

i love this post. and after reading a few mr. tom stephenson comments, i realize that he is like a lot of english gents i've come across - a little crusty and rough around the edges, but sweet and soft on the inside.