An Early Gift...


Yesterday, while she was in school, I shopped.
I shopped for pink mats, pink towels.
A pretty hairbrush, some Evian misting spray...


Clippies for her hair, puffs to wipe her cheeks...


And now, she has her very own bathroom.
The guests and daddy are now banned from this space.  It's hers.
All hers.  Yes, she is three.  I may have gone overboard.
But the utter joy on her face..the happiness and pride of having her own place. 
The....well, perhaps excessive hair brushing, use of lotions, lipsticks and mists...they make my heart melt.


Bath time is a breeze now.  She can't wait.
I'm sure this will pass, I'm no fool.


I designed this bathroom for her two years ago. 


And, though I took out most of the bits - you know, the bits you put in so guests say,
"Sweet Mother of Pearl, this is fabulous, she thought of everything!!!!"
I left some of my favourite bits.
Oh, and this isn't the red project.  It's the spontaneous pink one.

24 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

So sweet and loverly....you rock!

kaye i. said...

You're never too young to have your own bathroom. What a lovely early Christmas present!

Red Gate Farm said...

LOVE all the pink wonderfulness of it all! Lucky little girl...;)

Chris

Lovin That! said...

She must be so excited!! My daughter has her own bathroom too and loves it. It's nice for them to have their own space. It looks great!

Raine and Sage said...

What a stunning bathroom idea, and lucky, lucky girl. So sweet and beautiful. Sonia

Liesl said...

Any little girl's dream come true,that bathroom is! My two little girls have turned into strapping young women overnight! Make the most of this time they grow up far too quickly!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Lucky girl! I wish I had my very own bathroom that I didn't have to share with my husband!!

mise said...

Lucky, lucky lucky girl. I think we all need a cape and a nice tiara.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

How absolutely wonderful for her. This is a Christmas memory that she will tell her children.

I kind of wish the bathroom fairy would drop by here and perform a miracle and create another bathroom for us. LOL.

Oh right, we will have to move to see that happen.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

oldgreymare said...

Absolutely adorable.

: D

xx
z

Poetry Is Life said...

pretty colorful bathroom u got here =]

MyJourneyBack said...

I loved this. Don't fret. Enjoy her while you can! I wish my daughter was three again! I love the room. You've given me inspiration!
Thanks for sharing this.
Sherry

birdie blue said...

love it! the perfect pressie for a girl at any age.

xo
~molly

simpledaisy said...

What a lucky girl! That bathroom is adorable!

Natasha said...

Adorable!

Firefly Hill said...

what a sweet mama you are...and what a lucky girl!

xo,

annie

Vintage Home said...

....well she is a deserving sweet girl!

gigiandoliver said...

What a lucky girl...and such a sweet mama! And I love the cape and tiara quote.

Angel.Pearls said...

Great project..Love the idea! Guess she's happy and proud! Eva

hatjunkie said...

I'm jealous. I want my own bathroom! Little boys pee on the floor.

Maaike said...

Wonderful blog, lovely project...
Enjoy your weekend,
Love Maaike

Barbara said...

Every girl wants her own space! She'll feel all grown up. Trust me, she won't get tired of it!

Kristine said...

Sweet mother of pearl! You thought of everything..and it IS fabulous! love it.

Tricia - A Rosy Note said...

I can just picture it...my daughter just turned four and she has also claimed her own space :)