Waking up Early...


Happy October to you all! 
I had a great week and got to produced three fun Halloween stories for the HGTV blog.
Pumpkins, spiders and feathers! 
Creepy pretty fun.  My favourite.
I'll let you know when they run.
I adore the fall and I could spend hours in the garden taking photos.


This little mushroom is new to our yard.
You have to get up early to see him as he shrivels away by noon.
Next morning he's there again.
He's like a jelly fish out of water.


Kale covered in the morning mist...
..yikes, shoot me know, that sounded like the start of a very bad poem.


Pretty fall flowers.


The blueberry bushes are turning red...


... anenomes are still blooming.


...we have more asian apple pears than we know what to do with.
Do you know what to do with?


..and finally, in October, I have my first zuchinni of the year.
Our weather really was strange this year.


Speaking of gifts from the garden, 
we were given some honey from our bee keeper.
Well, our ex-bee keeper.


Sadly, he's become allergic to bee stings.

11 comments:

donna baker said...

You and your farm are too awesome. Asian pears? I'm impressed. Our weather was the worst this summer. We actually had 115 degrees; the heat and drought actually killed much. The forested hillsides are half dead. I never want to see a summer like this again. Glad things made it in your area.

Vintage Home said...

Stunning pictures..
Sorry about the bee keeper

Razmataz said...

I do love the Fall too....too bad about your poor bee keeper...maybe you can learn the art and get yourself a white suit...

Robin Larkspur said...

Gorgeous autumn pix! That's terrible about the beekeeper!

Kale covered in morning mist
soon to be sunshine kissed
pick apple pears and grab the squash
and then we'll have a lovely nosh!

Yep, very bad poem, lol!!

Red Gate Farm said...

Just one zucchini? Our pumpkins and cucumbers suffered a similar fate I think.

~Chris

PS, we had an unusual spring/summer too!

Nessa Robins said...

What beautiful photos! Your garden looks amazing. I'm not sure if I ever heard of an Asian pear before but I'd say they'd be delicious in a pie. :)

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Lovely post Heather! It was good seeing you at the market!

Pinecone Camp said...

Your bee keeper is allergic to bees? Yikes! Morning is the best time isn't it. Pretty light for pics! Looking forward to seeing what you did for HGTV.

Linda said...

Can those Asian apple pears...they will make great fried pies this fall & winter.
Great photos!

julieann said...

I got my honey delivery today as well and boy was it yummy... I would love to have my own bees but I too had a terrible reaction this year and I think Ill let someone else do it for me.. I love the honey comb in the box or the chunk honey with the comb floating in the large masone jar. So good...

Sujay said...

Well done carry on.