Friday, March 23, 2012

Birds with Attitude...


For the last week, this beautiful Blue Heron has been in our blueberry patch.
I've been watching him.  
Today, I snuck down in my very best national geographic style, to get a shot of this lovely fellow.
He didn't mind my getting close, or so I thought...


Sweet Mother of Pearl, I'm surprised I'm still alive.
I headed back in - it's been very sunny here and I'd left the back door open.
Plus, lets be honest, my house still smells like burnt cookie.


Oh, hey Lola, how's it going.
She smiled at me then walked right out the door.
It must be spring.

9 comments:

Jane said...

love it! The Heron obviously has a preference for organic blueberries! Lola, you are adorable. Have a great weekend. Jane x

Deb said...

What a delightful picture of Lola. Deb

Adriana said...

Hi love your post, the chicken is just wonderful and she looks so happy. Adriana

greenthumb said...

Looks like lots of fun at your house.

Karen Bates said...

It looks like it is hilarious at your house! I had a Heron in my yard a couple weeks ago but didn't get great shots like you did..I thought it would take off if I went outside.

My girls want to come into the house too but haven't yet.

Low Tide High Style said...

Great shot of the heron, even if it did almost cost you life and limb! And how cute is Ms. Lola?!

Kat

Mrs. Sutton said...

That is just SO funny! I've got to say - that Heron looks as though he means business - and the expression on Lola's face - is she telling you "I TOLD you so!" Brilliant x

Auntie Bliss said...

One of my blog friends has made beautiful floral diapers for one of her hens so it can stay in the house LOL.

julieann said...

Our chicken who looks like Lola is called Ginger.
We tried to hatch some of our girls eggs and our babies did not make it. i dont think Im cut out for this part of the farm life. It was very immotional for me and my daughter.