Macaroon Love...


This week has been full of many things.  


Snow...but it was so very pretty, I couldn't get mad at it.


Crafting up some Easter fun for HGTV


And today, we made macaroons.
Chocolate - no bake - balls of goodness.


So easy to make and apparently, very full of antioxidants!
Mix 2 1/2 cups of the very best shredded coconut you can find 
with 1/2 a cup of sifted cocoa.


Enter one of my dearest old friends - Pure Maple Syrup..
and let's introduce it's new best friend - Virgin Coconut Oil.
Add 6 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/4 cup coconut oil the coconut. 
Aunt Jemima is not welcome to this party people.


Grab a fairy if you can find one and mix it all together.
Spoon small balls onto a sheet of parchment to set.
Not that I waited for that to happen.


That's it.
Really.
Enter the shark music...
da num..


da num..


dum dun dum dun dum dun...


Sweet Macaroons!

8 comments:

fairydust said...

I'm sure those macaroons turned out extra delicious because of the stir your pretty little fairy gave :)
Both look lovely!

greenthumb said...

I bet they tasted good. Love your little helper.

My Little Bungalow said...

The macaroons look yummy. Also, just had to say how much I love your vintage mixing bowl. It is vintage, isn't it? Looks like it's from the 60s. Very cool.

Blair said...

These look delicious:). Also, I love the fairy! She looks like an Easter fairy:). Hope the snow melts soon, pretty as it may be:).

xox, Blair

julieann said...

Beautiful Fairy..
Ok I read this... ran to kitchen (no fairy) but I tossed these together in less than 5 minutes and I had all the ingredients in the pantry. Im eating one now with coffee and its sooooo good. I love coconut. Coconut whip cream, coconut milk on cereal, coconut white chocolate. Thanks for this yummy treat idea. Ill be making this again... It covers my cravings for chocolate & Coconut and has LOTS of antioxidants.. RIGHT?? Guilt free snack. Isn't that what you said? Or did the fairy say that..

Veronica Roth said...

Oh yum and great timing! This morning our Colombian student left us a few chocolates and a little note: "Happy International Woman's Day". This is the perfect sweet treat to make for her to say thank you. And thank you to you for sharing.

Vintage Home said...

hmmm so yummy my mom always made these ...I will have to give them a whirl again!
Such sweetness in these pictures...especially the little fairy!

Auntie Bliss said...

LOVE macaroons. Shark music and fairy are a plus!!