Monday, December 3, 2012

Creepy Christmas Contest...


My husband came with lots of baggage.
And by baggage, I mean boxes and boxes of home made Christmas ornaments.
His mother made all three kids ornaments every year, and to this day, still makes them for the whole family.


It's actually really sweet and I love it.


So much, that even I tried to get in on the creativity one year with this little lamb.
That was it, just the one year.


Some are over 40 years old.  


Some are new.


Some are deranged...


and...well....yeah!?!!  
Some are just plain creepy.
I didn't even see my girl hang this one, but spotted it when I was taking pictures.
Funny how if you put a festive red hat on something, it just becomes an ornament.
Do you have creepy ornaments?  

11 comments:

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Love your ornaments, handmade are the really special ones. I do have a creepy christmas ornament, a 50 cm long fjøsnisse (Norwegian barn santa) the other ones l have look so friendly and smiley but this paticular one just looks plain mean! I would get rid of him...but my husband loves him...this year l am pretending l can't find him (perhaps l can find him for a picture though ;-) Pam

Deb said...

That's funny. She did make some awesome ones, though. So cute. Love the kitty ones, of course.

Julie Hargreaves said...

Great christmas decs

Robin Larkspur said...

Sweet tradition, and such treasured keepsakes. I had a couple of elves one time that looked decidedly evil. Scared my little ones at the time, so those got trashed. There should be no evil elves!

Robin said...

LOL! I have a few creepy ones hanging out in the decorating boxes too! Thankfulling the kids don't care for them either.

Mairéad said...

These are absolutely charming, even the creepy one, Your mother-in-law is very talented.

Tammy Chrzan said...

LOL...
This made me laugh, because no matter what they look like, if my kids made the ornaments, I will NOT throw them away, and I always see friends that have broken ornaments on the tree too, I love it, it just makes Christmas even that much more special... But I have to say, that none of yours are creepy to me! they are just gorgeous!

julieann said...

I do.. We used to get together and do dough ornaments. After years in the christmas boxes they start to crack and chip parts of the faces off. Need I say more. Its so hard to toss them but they are not pretty. I think yours are sweet compared to my creepy ones. :)

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Just found your blog and I have to say, I love it! I don't think your ornaments are creepy, but I understand haha...
Ciao for now...

Carola said...

hahahhahaha im loving the last one! I think I dont have creepy ornaments. I have to get one. Im making a crown with all tree brunches that can turn out very creepy! hahaha
kiss

Carola

Lee said...

I adore this post. How sweet and funny! I love that little lamb so much. It's face is too sweet for words.
Love it. You made me laugh out loud.
xoxo
Lisa
Leeshideaway.blogspot.com