Sunday, October 11, 2009

Missing Goat...

On Friday, I picked up my adorable labels from Rob, one of the most talented persons I know. I then delivered my first batches of Missing Goat jams to two shops.
One in Vancouver - Butter. Owned by Rosie Daykin, famous for interior design and now homemade square marshmallows. Her bakery is the best in the city and if I keep delivering her jams, I'll get very fat.
The second, is Little White House in Fort Langley. A very pretty shop with a super charming cafe in the back. I've shot several stories for magazines (including the apartment in Paris) with this lady.
So, my farm, Missing Goat, is now going in to production of jams and chutney. We make blueberry with lavender and very very raspberry jams. We also have a very saucy chutney! I'm excited, but very nervous. Guess I'm putting myself out there again, and well, that is never easy.
In celebration of the new Missing Goat launch, I am renovating the Shabby Shack store. We are having a jam and chutney bonanza in a week, so I wanted it to look extra pretty and fresh. Here is a sneak peak at what is going on in there...

If you live nearby and want to come to my chutney bonanza (my sister informs me that is a stupid name, as only a sister could get away with) but still, if you would like to come, let me know and I will add you to the email list.

In the mean time, also in the garden, we are planting many varieties of garlic to sell next summer. About 8 raised beds with some rare varieties. The concord grapes are ready too, so tomorrow it's juicing time. Maybe I'll serve some at the bonanza!!

12 comments:

mise said...

How satisfying it must have been to make that jam, and the labels are very attractive. Good luck!

vintage simple said...

The Shabby Shack store peeks look lovely and your labels and products look and sound delicious. I wish I lived closer - I'd be there in a heart-beat..!

Best of luck - you are doing a wonderful thing here!

-maria

koralee said...

Oh my these are lovely! I know both shops well...I am always at Butter (I did a post awhile back on that amazing bakery...the best lemon tarts in the world!} I was just at the Little White House last weekend...a week too early for your jams!! Please I would love to come to your Shabby Shack..let me know the time and details...I will be there and I can then meet you...how exciting! kmteichroeb@hotmail.com xoxoxox

Pinecone Camp said...

Congrats, mon amie! You did it! Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day.

Courtney said...

I'm so proud of you - what you're doing is so exciting! The labels look amazing, and I'm sure the jam is out of this world. Also, chutney bonanza is a really cute name. Have fun with it!

Angela said...

Ooooooh, yum. I can't wait to come and pick up some Christmas gifts. I hope they don't get gobbled up before I get to give them away. Please let me know when the chutney bonanza is!

Tracey said...

I think Chutney Bonanza is a fabulous name! I truly wished I lived closer because I would really enjoy coming to this little soiree of yours :) Good luck and take lots of pics for us! Your jams sound amazing!!!

:) T

Elise said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog - it's full of original things to inspire and delight ! thank you

blondiensc said...

What a dream come true for you...your whole post sounds so dreamy, for this girl who is sitting at t desk in heels...congrats on your jams being in stores now and I lived closer I would be over in a hop and skip to your chutney bonanza!!

Cindi said...

I love the pictures in your post and I am most impressed with your blogging, it is as if I am talking with my girlfriend next door! I wish that I lived closer, Eastern Coast North Carolina, as I would enjoy coming to the Shabby Shak to converse with you in person and taste your wonderful jams!

When you get a chance , I would love to see more pics of your Shabby Shak. The colors look fun and inviting. The fabric that you showed, who is the designer? It would be great fun to make pillows out of them!

Happy Autumn!
Cindi

Oh, by the way, I love the name Chutney Bonanza!

kate / tinywarbler said...

congrats heather! so exciting (and surely delicious) i can't wait to try some.

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

I'm so happy for you! I remember seeing your Shabby Shack in a magazine and loved it then...I'm sure you'll make it even more lovely...if that's possible.