What I love in my home..



So I was asked to do something fun around the holidays in my home live on air. Sure I said, sounds fun! (Yes, if you read my blog from September 1st, you know I was thinking of my whole 'forgetting to swallow my spit and gagging on it" problem).
My second concern was that our kitchen is in mid renovation. Truth be told, it has been this way for about two years. It's just always pushed to the side and was never finished.
We were shooting a house yesterday for Style at Home. Peter, the designer, said "it's all about what you are doing and the fun you are having. Not how it looks". Fair enough. He's right.
So I went about the house looking for things that I love in my home, instead of things I need to fix or don't like.
This is a collection of them.
Above, My bedroom used in Country Living (still looks the same), a painting we brought back from Peru which I simply adore, and Buddha in my bathroom.

This painting is by my dad, who is an artist. I own two of his pieces and wish I could paint like him. Love love love them. The other, my 'his and her' sinks in our en-suite bathroom.


The old window we cut into the wall between the dining room and the living room. The little yellow and green chandelier. I went to Paris for two weeks to shoot a story for Country Living. I was 8 months pregnant. I found this chandelier at a flea market and dragged it home for the babies room. It has the best memories attached to it. The other shot is a corner of my office. It just makes me smile.
So I'll focus on these things that i love, and just get over what is not complete in my home. It's all very silly in the end.

12 comments:

mise said...

It's all lovely, but I particularly admire the blue painting with its wonderful painted light from the windows. Just make sure that's in shot behind you when you're baking cookies and there'll be no competition.

Pinecone Camp said...

I've seen your house 1000's of times - it will be great!

Courtney said...

Your house seems lovely! I'm sure you'll have the most coveted home in Vancouver after your television appearance.

blondiensc said...

Sounds super fun!! From the images I have seen your home is amazing...I don't think you have anything to worry about, just enjoy the experience!

Jane said...

Your house is divine. I LOVE the ensuite bathroom and the chandelier and your father is a very talented artist. You have obviously inherited some of his creative talent xoxo

koralee said...

Oh my goodness...your home is amazing!!! I adore all the little snippets of it and I am sure anyone of us would love to move right on in! I can't wait to see Tamara bake cookies with you! I know everything will be beautiful! How can it not be? You are such a creative talent gal...now you have me all excited about Christmas!

Cathi said...

Your house loves fabulous to me.....have fun!!

Pretty Neat Designs said...

It looks great! The painting by your dad is really interesting - it is my favorite of the snippets you included. And have fun baking those cookies, you'll probably end up BFFs.

kate / tinywarbler said...

you will be great- don't sweat it! i know your house and it will look beautiful (it already does) plus, it's about you and your cookies and i know those will look great too!

Heather Cameron said...

Thanks everyone. I needed an ego boost and you came through. I mean really, who will notice my cupboards when I will be distracting them by choking on excessive saliva. hee hee.

Tracey said...

I should do the same, try to focus more on the good stuff and not the stuff I would like to change! Your home really is beautiful...and I love the chandi story :)

T

KnockKnocking said...

I am totally blown away by your photos and your blog, wow oh wow girl are you ever talented. I can't WAIT to read through this blog now!

Hugs!!

xoxo Agnes