Wonder Woman..Nah..Just a Mom


I feel, some days, that if I spun around, arms out like a ballerina, that I do have a small chance of turning from Diana Prince, into Princess Diana - aka Wonder Woman.


In between making Canadiana sugar cookies for my upcoming TV segment next week, I'm renovating, decorating and trying to be a festive, fun loving mom.


Being careful not to confuse the piping icing with the thin set tile binder. Remarkably similar in texture and look. Hmm, a possible time saver option..


Lily, or Midge as we love to call her, is discovering Christmas and all it's magic.

I think she believes Christmas means candy.


My helper this season - Pip. A magical elf that watches over Lily. He disappears at night, flying back to Santa to report on her progress. Every day, he perches some place new and we have to find him . Pip is fantastic, says nothing, and is not allowed to be touched - the magic disappears if he's manhandled! I have to say, he has a fabulous amount of power over a two year old.

12 comments:

Gigi said...

I love that you have a shelf elf! I've noticed that these are making a comeback. We had them when I was a kid in the 70's, and my mum still puts two of them out every year. They are, indeed, powerful!

Love your photos. Oh, and I agree with your daughter; Christmas = candy. xo Gigi

Beach Vintage said...

Not the same with the gingerbread house I see......she is all over that one!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, gosh, what a wonderful idea Pip is! Love your artful Christmas pics!
XOXO
Joni

Pinecone Camp said...

So this is what you got up to after I left! I'm so happy Midge loves the shelf elf....I wish I had bought one for myself!
xo

koralee said...

What lovely images my friend. Your cookies are beyond amazing...wow..you get an A+++ for tackling such a project and getting such amazing results. Please let me know what day next week I can watch you and Tamara...perfect cookies for all this fuss over the Olympics. You clever girl.

Barbara said...

Your cookies are so sweet! And so is your litte Christmas helper. So determined, too. Glad Elf is watching over her!

blondiensc said...

I love love love Pip, what a fantastic idea, he is just too cute for words and I love that he reports back to Santa...i mean really, does is get any cuter than that? Sounds like your holidays is off to a good start and your little one is just precious...

mise said...

Those welcome yet dreaded words, "I'll help you, Mamma!". You're getting a great deal done there, and you forgot to include the blogging. Wonderwoman for sure.

Tayla B. Design said...

Wonder woman indeed! :)

And Pip is a wonderful idea! I will have to share this with some of my friends with children.

VictoriaArt said...

Enjoy those little helpers, they outgrow that phase way too quickly...

Happy holidays!

XX
Victoria

A Perfect Peach said...

my mom was just telling me about this elf - such a sweet idea.

Laura @ EdenRose said...

I need a pip, right now!!!