Because You Asked...


I'm taking care of a lot of requests in this post.  To start, the yam and leek perogie recipe.  I halfed this recipe and it still made a lot!
Dough:
4 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup warm water.
mix and knead well until very smooth and soft.  Divide into two balls.
Roll out nice and thin.  Cut out circles.  I used a mason jar.


The filling is a wing it style - I wrap up in foil two or three big yams and bake them till really soft in the oven - about an hour or so.  You can even do this the day before.  I then saute three sliced up leeks till really soft and slightly browned.  Then grate in a cup or two of smoked gouda cheese.  If you can get some fresh chives, chop those up and drop in there too.  They really add a good flavour.  S & P as enjoyed.  Mix it all together.  If you have extra filling, and I always do, just freeze it for next time.
Put a dollop on the top of each circle, fold over and press together edges.  You may need a bit of water on the edge of the dough to help seal the crack.
Drop into boiling water till they float - about 6 minutes or so.
Done! 
Sour cream and dill on top..YUM.


Big Question:
What do duck eggs taste like?
They are thicker and richer than a chicken egg. 
The shells are hard to crack, and you have to really whack them.
The whites and the yolk are thick - makes a chicken egg seem runny in comparison.
They taste good, but I'd never know the difference if I did a taste test with a chicken egg.


It's not super attractive, but this is my commercial kitchen.  It's new, it's clean, it's sanitized and all mine.


If you could see what is available to rent in commercial kitchens, you would devote a post to the loveliness of my commercial kitchen.  


But, as most of you haven't seen these places, you will have to take my word for it.
EWWW!
This is where I happily make my Missing Goat jams.  My daughter slips a bowl through the crack of the door, waiting for a hot spoonful (or three) of jam.


How is Mabel?  Not so good.
I've come to realize the vet just doesn't know what to do.
She has bumblefoot. 
I know just why & when this happened.  She took off up the street a few weeks ago, and hurt her feet on the hard cement of the road.  She's always been on grass.  So, infection got in. 
I'm soaking, cleaning, giving antibiotics, and vitamin water.
Thanks for all the suggestions - I LOVE and laughed hard at the suggestion by Krys to put the medicine in a worm.  If anyone has any idea how to inject 2 mls of medication into a worm...
Very funny!  Just what I needed.